- The Cherry Blossoms are here and Mockingbird Hill (1843 7th Street NW) and Southern Efficiency (1841 7th Street NW), have transformed their spaces into Cherry Blossom PUB’s (Pop-Up Bar), an ode to Washington, D.C.’s most beautiful season. Check out the Southern Efficiency space in the pic above. Very festive, we love it!
- Maryland’s largest hoedown returns to the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium on March 31 and April 1. The Annual Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival is produced by local Trigger Agency as a benefit to the Spirit of Hope Children’s Foundation. The all-you-care-to-taste extravaganza starts with a Friday Night Whole Hog Session from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. This session will offer a dinner plate of BBQ with all the fixings as well as unlimited sampling of bourbon and beer. Saturday sessions run from noon to 6 p.m. An exclusive VIP only tasting will be held Noon until 2 p.m. and then General Admission will follow from 2 p.m. through 6 p.m.
- The Washington City Paper and Events DC invite you to join them in honoring the best of the best in D.C. at its 5th Annual Best of D.C. Celebration at the Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square on Thursday, April 6th beginning at 6pm. Some of D.C.’s restaurants, mixologists, local breweries and distilleries, bands and retailers will provide the entertainment as guests sip, sample, and dance the night away.
What: Washington City Paper’s Best of D.C. Celebration
Date: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Times: VIP 6-10pm; General Admission 7-10pm
Location: Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square (801 K Street NW, Washington, DC)
Price: VIP – $110; General Admission – $70
- DC’s Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry returns on April 19, 2017 to a new venue, Nationals Park. The annual tasting event will showcase the city’s top chefs, sommeliers and mixologists teamed up for a cause: making sure all children in this country get the healthy food they need every day. One hundred percent of proceeds from the event benefit No Kid Hungry’s efforts to end childhood hunger in America.
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
$$$: Tickets start at $100 for General admission
Location: Nationals Park, 1500 S Capitol St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Time: 6:00 – 9:30 p.m. for VIP/VIP Plus; 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. for General Admission
- The 14th Annual Blue Jeans Ball Gala returns on April 23, 2017. The Gala helps to fund the food supplied by the Capital Area Food Bank. Each ticket to the Blue Jeans Ball provides 500 life-changing meals for people in need in our area.
When: Sunday, April 23, 2017
5 pm: VIP reception
6 pm: Tastings, cocktails and silent auction
8 pm: Program & live auction
Where: Marriott Marquis Hotel
901 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Hotel valet parking available for a fee
What: 40+ savory and sweet tasting stations from Oyamel, The Palm, Ripple, Occidental and more…Made-to-order cocktails from Mixology Chairs Gina Chersevani (Buffalo & Bergen) & Eddie Kim (Bar Dupont)…and the Washington Redskins Foundation has joined this year’s effort to end childhood hunger.
How: Ticket and sponsorship details available at capitalareafoodbank.org/blue-jeans-ball/; sponsorships are available to individuals or organizations at various levels; as always, guests arrive in their most fashionable denim and taste to their hearts’ content.
- The Fifth Annual Dine-N-Dash, the primary fundraiser for World Central Kitchen, returns on June 7, 2017. The progressive dining event will be held in D.C.’s Penn Quarter and 14th Street neighborhoods.
When: Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Price: General Admission: $125, VIP: $400
Tickets: Available today at https://dinendash.info/
Participating Restaurants To-Date Include:
- Penn Quarter
- 14th Street