What to do in this sweltering heat? Sangria and more sangria. El Centro gives guests four good reasons to skip the floor level outdoor seating and make their way to the penthouse level for sangria:
1. El Centro is offering guests 1/2 priced Carafes every Sunday and rooftop dining from 5 pm – close. The Sunday Sangria dinner is served on the rooftop one day a week and reservations are required.
2. Another alternative to catching a nice breeze and getting your Sangria fix in is the restaurants nightly rooftop happy hour featuring $4 Margaritas, Sangria, Beer & Wine from 5 pm- 7 pm.
3. Perhaps my fave deal at El Centro is the $35 All You Can Eat & Drink. Get your summer tan while snacking on bite-sized buns & dogs. Beers and handcrafted cocktails round out the bottomless fix.
4. Do you like to shake a tail feather? DJ YURIY mixes and matches every Friday & Saturday night after 10pm spinning Techno, House, Tribal & Latin beats.
All alongside a chilled glass of Sangria…sounds like a plan.
About the Author (Author Profile)Johnna French is a Harlem NY native with deep roots in Washington, DC and North Carolina. All three places have heavily influenced her life and the foods she loves today. After graduating Howard University School of Law and beginning her life as a young professional in the city she was led to start Johnna Knows Good Food in November 2007 to keep family, friends and colleagues updated on where to go and what to eat while dining in the nation’s capitol. French, who still practices law, leads a team of three writers to cover the ever expanding Washington, DC food scene. French has been featured in print and television, appearing in Washingtonian Magazine and is a regular contributor to various local TV affiliates including WUSA 9 and WJLA’s News Channel 8.
Sites That Link to this Post
- BrightestYoungThings – DC – Weekly Food News Round-Up | December 19, 2012