Want to plan a girls night out? Here are five ways to catch up with those awesome ladies in your life:
- Proof’s War of the Rosés has to be my favorite deal of the summer. The restaurant is offering several different bottles this summer for $35 and guests will have the opportunity to decide for themselves which one reigns supreme. A bottle of champagne plus some good girl talk?? Sounds like a plan.
- ADC is one of the sexiest venues in the District. Hands down. The rooftop pool bar at the Donovan House hotel commands attention from the District’s professional crowd. The lounge has released three new frozen cocktails (*Sake Garden, Pink Poodle and Orange Crush Margarita) to add a chill to the sizzle of summer. Happy hour with the girls?
- Blue Duck Tavern recently upgraded their outdoors scene and they made sure to do the same with their menu. After the President and First Lady visit a spot in the District, it usually turns into the scene and be seen spot. Tap the girlfriends for a night of dining at one of the most sought after reservations since the President and First Lady visited for their anniversary in 2009 (*and the First Lady recently visited for lunch).
- Rise and shine! Get your fave ladies together one Saturday morning for a trip to the Farmers Market and brunch. Visit 14th and U Farmers Market for some Whisked! seasonal fruit pies and then head over to Utopia for $.25 mimosas.
- Jazz in the Garden. Just one of the many reasons I adore DC. After a laborious week at the office, sangrias, light jazz in the background and your girlfriends chilling out on the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden’s vast green space is how one can put an end to the week. Check out the schedule here and get there early, the lawn fills up fast with blankets…
About the Author (Author Profile)Johnna French is a Harlem NY native with deep roots in Washington, DC and North Carolina. All three places have heavily influenced her life and the foods she loves today. After graduating Howard University School of Law and beginning her life as a young professional in the city she was led to start Johnna Knows Good Food in November 2007 to keep family, friends and colleagues updated on where to go and what to eat while dining in the nation’s capitol. French, who still practices law, leads a team of three writers to cover the ever expanding Washington, DC food scene. French has been featured in print and television, appearing in Washingtonian Magazine and is a regular contributor to various local TV affiliates including WUSA 9, FOX 5 DC and WJLA (ABC Affiliate) News Channel 8. Johnna is currently airing on Comcast Sports Mid-Atlantic (CSN) show, Redskins Life, as the weekly tailgate host.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Food Round Up — johnnaknowsgoodfood.com | July 26, 2011