As a food blogger, there is nothing more frustrating than needing simple information about a restaurant and not being able to find it quickly online. For the restaurant IT staff, please take notes:
- Location, Phone Number and Hours of Operation. Sounds simple enough, but many establishments lack this key information.
- Updated Menus and Information. There is nothing more aggravating than seeing a site with “Sample Menus” (*with no prices…) or halibut on the menu online that is not at the restaurant.
- Pictures. A gallery can bring in a lot of business. Ever heard the phrase “Fake it ‘til you make it”?? At the very least inviting photos will get patrons in the door.
- Specials. If you have a happy hour, this is the town to publicize this tidbit of information. If you do a pre-theater menu, then this is definitely your town.
- A Website Designer (*a professional…). A restaurant’s site is the face of the company. Unless the line is down the block for your food without a website, then you should have on your best makeup.