1. B. Smith’s– Oldie but goodie of the District that features a Fall menu reminiscent of time spent in the Bayou. Stick with the fried chicken livers and the Bourbon St. Bread Pudding. Superb.
2. Restaurant Ris– Just because the weather is pushing us indoors does not mean we should miss out on people watching and sunshine. The newly re-designed 64-seat outdoor patio at Restaurant Ris promises plenty of street views…
3. Sabor’a Street food truck hits the D.C. streets next month. As a person of Panamanian descent, I am delighted at the idea of staple Caribbean, Latin American and Spanish dishes joining the local food truck rave. Ole!
4. Fast food…Indian style. Merzi comes to Penn Quarter this month with classic Indian dishes served for those on the go. The usual suspects fill the menu: Basmati rice, Tandoori-seasoned chicken and tomato masala to spice things up.
5. Equinox– The menu that reminds me of the Saks Fifth Avenue display window in New York…it’s always changing. Fall favorites, squash and Braeburn apples, headline the menu for the month of October.